Sunday, August 2, 2009

One Summer Morning...


My husband and I were in the car one morning when I happened to look over and see this bird sitting on a fence. (This picture is from the Internet) I was very excited and thought it one of the most beautiful birds I had ever seen. In the morning sun its feathers glowed a brilliant orange contrasted by the black of its wings. It was one of those moments where I kick myself for not having brought a camera along.

Now, every time I drive down that road I look over every bit of the fence to see if the bird is around. I expect it was a one shot deal, but it's that kind of moment that just makes my whole day. Once I saw a beautiful green orchard oriole, and I've been lucky enough to see a few great herons. Once in a great while I even get to see a cardinal. Catching glimpses of colorful birds is one of the simple, and free, pleasures in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment