Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August Sunset

My daughter and I drove to Wethersfield Cove, a boat launch area in Wethersfield, Connecticut, for the specific purpose of watching an August sunset. My daughter skipped rocks while I sat near the water's edge with my dog and watched a duck peacefully drifting around in the water. I snapped off at least a dozen pictures as the sky changed from pale pastel colors to vibrant and intense shades of yellow, purple and orange. I wish I could take credit for this photo, but it was the one and only shot my daughter took with my camera. She came over and asked if she could take a picture, snapped off this one, handed the camera back to me and went off to skip more rocks. Her picture turned out the be better than any of the ones I had taken. So much for all those photography classes I took.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a lovely photo. I am very inspired on this post. It is really beautiful. Nice share.

    Elle @ Duramax

    ReplyDelete