Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cabin Fever



I love winter. I love a peaceful white landscape or the feel of cold, sharp air under a clear starry sky. I love walking streets that are empty and all mine because people don't want to come out into the cold. I love the look of pines covered in snow and the sun low in the sky. No matter what time of day it is, it looks like the soft light of early morning or late afternoon. No blazing, blinding high noon in wintertime. I admit though, I do have my limits. I love the wildflowers that grow with abandon along roads and in fallow fields in the summer. I love the colors: shades of purple, lavender, yellow, pink and even white. I love the sweet scents as they rock beneath the hot sun, and the sound of muted buzzing from insects that flit from petal to petal. I love the sound of silence as I stand alone at the edge of overgrown fields that sway beneath the drifting fair weather clouds. Heavy sigh... but for now I have my pictures, and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment